Sunday 18 January 2015

Rouzbeh Rashidi's "Ten Years in the Sun" is now complete



Statement by the filmmaker:

"I am happy to announce that my feature film “Ten Years in the Sun” (2015) has been completed. The project was one year in production and has drastically mutated and deviated in various ways from the idea initially conceived. In this film I have tried to radically minimalize genre elements such as science fiction, horror and perhaps erotic drama. My hope was to attain what could be called a ‘ground zero of drama’ through the systematic removal of narrative structures.

On this project I have intentionally worked with a wide range of collaborators and actors, and without their tremendous support this film would have been impossible to make. At this point I do not have any emotional feeling towards the film and I can only see it as a pure technical, audio-visual work that I engineered. I would very much like to share the film with an audience in any cinematic situation possible and hopefully they would approve of the finished piece.

I want to sincerely thank Jann Clavadetscher, John Curran, Dean Kavanagh, Maximilian Le Cain, Alice Kavanagh, Jennifer Sharpe, Ora Kolmanovsky, Atoosa Pour Hosseini, Patricia Klich, Fardideh Aram, Reza Rashidi, Eadaoin O’Donaghue, Mohsen Pour Hosseini, Ehsan Safarpour & Claudia Siefen."